My bookreviews and fanficrecommendations. You are welcome to comment. Please read the notes in the sidebar below! BeeLikeJ@gmail.com

Saturday, January 9, 2010

BOOK; Tigers And Devils - Sean Kennedy

Title: Tigers And Devils
Author: Sean Kennedy
Genre: Romance
Publisher: DreamSpinnerPress (2009)
Pages: Paperback, 363
Language: English
Rating: 8/10
Summary: Simon's life is going along nicely: he has a good job and friends he loves. He doesn't need anyone else in his life, no matter how much his friends push him to go out more. Even if anyone would be interested in him, he is not looking for someone to mess with his reasonably comfortable existence. He's perfectly fine spending his time working, hanging out with his friends and watching football together.
Then his friends drag him to a party where he meets famous footballer Declan and as it turns out Simon wasn't wrong about relationships making life complicated.


Spoilerfree review
For the sake of full disclosure let me first say that I know the author. We've never met in person, but we have shared enough personal stuff online that I consider him a friend. That wouldn't in any way stop me from critisizing his book though. I would absolutely say it if I thought it sucked, but the honest truth is that I loved it. The dialogues in this book are brilliant; they had me grinning and cringing, depending on the situation. Varying from comfortable talks amongst friends to miscommunication and awkward conversations they are all a joy to read. I loved hanging out with these people. Obviously I related most to Simon, because I'm as apprehensive about relationships as he is. I was nearly biting my nails while he struggled to figure out if it is all worth it. I may have even learned a thing or two. Huh.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home