My bookreviews and fanficrecommendations. You are welcome to comment. Please read the notes in the sidebar below! BeeLikeJ@gmail.com

Sunday, April 17, 2011

BOOK: Mees Kees in de Gloria - Mirjam Oldenhave

Title: Mees Kees in de Gloria (Hip Hip Hooray for Master Kees)
Author: Mirjam Oldenhave
Genre: Children's, Family
Publisher: CPNB Children's BookWeek 2010
Pages: Paperback, 91
Language: Dutch
Rating: 6/10
Summary: Mees Kees is a teacher in training and hero of Tobias, who is trying to hide the problems at home.

Spoilerfree Review
This book was written especially for Children's bookweek, loosely inspired by this year's theme about visual arts. To my surprise it's part of a series; I thought authors had to write an original story when they were given the honour of this job. Oh well, at least Mees Kees has the kids in his class drawing images, so it fits the theme. But the maincharacter in this story is Tobias, who struggles with not getting enough attention at home. Mees Kees deals with this very subtly and manages to make Tobias open up. There is no clear ending or solution, I guess I have to buy the next book in the series to find out what happens. I won't. I liked the book, but I'm a little too old for this (yes, that's possible;).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home