My bookreviews and fanficrecommendations. You are welcome to comment. Please read the notes in the sidebar below! BeeLikeJ@gmail.com

Sunday, April 17, 2011

BOOKS: Emily the Strange - Rob Reger & Buzz Parker

Series: Emily the Strange
Book 1: Emily's Book of Strange
Book 2: Emily the Strange - Seeing Is Deceiving
Author: Rob Reger & Buzz Parker
Genre: graphic novella
Publisher: Chronicle Books 2001/2003
Pages: Hardcover 32
Language: English
Rating: 8/10
Summary: Images in black, white and red with glossy highlights show cartoongirl Emily giving her point of view on life

Spoilerfree Review
I'm of course years behind discovering Emily the Strange, I understand she was all the rage in the nineties (of the last century;) I did see her around on buttons and shirts, but wasn't aware there were books. When I saw these books in the bargain bin, I was intrigued by the awesome graphic design. The use of colour and space is amazing and more interesting than the so called insights in text. But because I love seeing series on my bookshelfs, I'll probably add other parts if I find them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home