My bookreviews and fanficrecommendations. You are welcome to comment. Please read the notes in the sidebar below! BeeLikeJ@gmail.com

Friday, April 25, 2008

Quick review: For a Successful Life

Voor Een Echt Succesvol Leven (For a Successful Life)
Author: Bas Haring
Language: Dutch (Available in English! See below)
Short summary and opinion: Young Bas (well, he is my age;) is a Dutch philosopher and writer of popular science books. In this book he ponders about the importance of ambition and wonders if you need to be successfull to enjoy life. And what exactly is being succesfull?
Bas is my hero. I loved his previous books and the way he chatters about his thoughts on any given subject. This book is a bit silly compared to his more scientific earlier work. I liked it, but for a first time reader, I would recommend Cheese and the Theory of Evolution (Kaas & de Evolutietheorie - I'll happily lend it to you:).
Rating: 7/10
Curious? It's available in English!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home