My bookreviews and fanficrecommendations. You are welcome to comment. Please read the notes in the sidebar below! BeeLikeJ@gmail.com

Friday, April 25, 2008

Quick Review: Black Swan Green

Black Swan Green
Author: David Mitchell
Short summary and opinion: I got this as a present from Tanisafan. She has knowledge of the good stuff;) The novel is about a year in the life of thirteen-year old Jason Taylor. Written from his point of view we learn how he deals with his stuttering, writing poetry, facing bullies, his sister leaving for college and his parents heading for divorce. Some parts made me so very proud of Jason, others made me sad. In all it's painfully beautiful and I highly recommend this.
Rating: 8/10
Curious? It's available at Amazon (but if you want to borrow my copy, just come over and pick it up;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home