My bookreviews and fanficrecommendations. You are welcome to comment. Please read the notes in the sidebar below! BeeLikeJ@gmail.com

Sunday, April 17, 2011

BOOK: Het Aquarium van Walter Huijsmans - Bas Haring

Title: Het Aquarium van Walter Huijsmans
Author: Bas Haring
Genre: Environment, Philosophy
Publisher: Lemniscaat, 2009
Pages: Paperback, 119
Language: Dutch
Rating: 6/10
Summary: Bas Haring wonders why we worry about the future; would it really be such a bad thing if nature as we know it disappears?

Spoilerfree review
Another book I was looking forward to: I loved Bas Haring's previous books about evolution and computers (respectively Cheese and The Iron Will). This time he tries to explain why we shouldn't be upset about the decline of the environment. I understand the point he is trying to make, but this is very much philosophy in theory. If you talk in circles long enough it's possible to make any issue irrelevant. Of course the environment is not as concrete as his previous subjects, but I had expected a more substantial essay. This is a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home